Child Support Maine is a division of the Maine Department of Health and Human Services. The mission of the program is to secure financial and medical support for children from their parents, when the parents do not live together. The program strives to ensure that all children are provided for adequately and that the parents are held financially responsible for the support of their children.

The Child Support Maine program is available to all residents of the state of Maine and is designed to provide assistance to low-income families and families with children who meet certain criteria. The program provides information and services to help families get the financial and medical support they need. Additionally, the program can help parents find resources to help them assist their children in meeting their basic needs.

Contacting the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) – Tips and Advice

If you need information or help with child support in Maine, you have several options for contacting the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Whether you need assistance with filing an application, have questions about your case, or need to make a complaint, DHHS can help. Here are some tips and advice for getting in touch with DHHS.

By Phone

The Maine DHHS has a customer service line that can be reached by calling 1-800-442-6003. This phone line is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The customer service line can help you with questions about your child support case, filing an application, or making a complaint.


You can also contact DHHS online. The Maine DHHS website has an online contact form where you can submit inquiries and complaints. You can also visit the DHHS website to find answers to frequently asked questions.

Contact Child Support Maine

In Person

If you need to speak with someone in person, you can visit your local DHHS office. You can find the address of your local DHHS office by contacting the customer service line or searching online. When visiting a DHHS office, be sure to bring all necessary documents and forms.

Child Support Maine Office

By Mail

You can also contact DHHS by mail. The Maine DHHS mailing address is:
Maine Department of Health and Human Services
11 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0011

Keep in mind that contacting DHHS may take some time, as they receive many inquiries and complaints. If you have an urgent matter, it is best to contact them by phone. For more information about contacting the Maine DHHS, visit their website.

Maine Child Support: How Far Behind Before a Warrant is Issued?

When a parent falls behind on their child support payments, the state of Maine may issue an arrest warrant. This is a last resort option and it is important to understand the process and deadlines involved in order to avoid this situation.

The state of Maine has established a Child Support Enforcement Division (CSE) to help ensure that parents meet their financial obligations for their children. The CSE is responsible for enforcing child support orders and collecting payments.

When a parent falls behind on their child support payments, the CSE will take action to ensure that the parent meets their obligations. This includes sending a notice of delinquency to the parent, notifying them that they are behind on their payments and that they need to take action. The notice also includes the amount of child support arrearages that are owed.

If the parent does not respond to the notice, the CSE will take further action, including an arrest warrant. The amount of time that must pass before an arrest warrant is issued varies, but typically it is 60 days after the notice of delinquency is sent.

It is important to note that the CSE may take other steps before an arrest warrant is issued. This includes wage garnishment, suspension of driver’s license and other measures. It is also important to note that an arrest warrant is only issued after all other measures have been exhausted.

If you have received a notice of delinquency from the CSE, it is important to take action immediately. You may be able to negotiate a payment plan with the CSE in order to avoid an arrest warrant. You can also seek legal counsel if you have any questions or concerns about your child support obligations.

Leave a Reply